The P.A.T.H.S. project is based on the following theories, models, and research:
- Literature on risk factors, protective factors, and adolescent resilience;
- Literature on adolescent developmental assets;
- Deficit-based and asset-based models of adolescent development;
- Constructs of positive youth development;
- Models of positive youth development;
- Ecological models;
- Studies on adolescent development in Hong Kong.
Based on the theoretical foundation above, the design of the Project P.A.T.H.S. is anchored around 15 Positive Youth Development constructs.
In order to help our colleagues understand the relationships between each Positive Youth Development construct and the teaching objectives in the different units of the Tier 1 Program, Dr. Tak Yan Lee (Co-principal Investigator of Project P.A.T.H.S.) made the Constructs Mutual Diagram and the Curriculum Design Concept Map.
Reference list for the 15 Positive Youth Development constructs: