- Phase 2
- Phase 1
Phase 2 of P.A.T.H.S. to Adulthood
- The programs will be implemented in participating Secondary 1, Secondary 2, and Secondary 3 schools in the 2009/10 and 2011/12 school years.
- For schools that joined P.A.T.H.S. in the 2009/10 school year, the programs will be implemented at the Secondary 1 level in the 2009/10 school year, then at the Secondary 1 and Secondary 2 levels in the 2010/11 school year. In the 2011/12 school year, the programs will be implemented at the Secondary 1, Secondary 2, and Secondary 3 levels.
- The Tier 2 Program may be implemented concurrently or sequentially with the Tier 1 Program.
The project will be implemented according to the following timetable:
School Year Participating schools Newly joining schools Sept 2011 - Aug 2012 Secondary 1, 2, & 3 Secondary 1, 2, & 3 Sept 2010 - Aug 2011 Secondary 1, 2, & 3 Secondary 1 & 2 Sept 2009 - Aug 2010 Secondary 1, 2, & 3 Secondary 1
- The implementation period for the control schools began in the 2007/08 school year and will be extended to the 2012/13 school year. For details on the implementation of the project by control schools, please refer to the Project P.A.T.H.S. page on the Social Welfare Department website. The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust will notify control schools in writing about the arrangement.
The project will have two tiers of programs (Tier 1 and Tier 2 Programs):
- The Tier 1 Program is a universal positive youth development program for students from Secondary 1 to Secondary 3. Tier 1 has 20 hours of training in the school year at each level, with both core and elective programs.
- Because research findings suggest that roughly one-fifth of adolescents need help of a deeper nature, the Tier 2 Program will usually be provided for at least one-fifth of the students who have greater psychosocial needs at each secondary level.
Phase 1 of P.A.T.H.S. to Adulthood
The Experimental Implementation Phase started in the 2005/06 school year, and the Full Implementation Phase started in the 2006/07 school year on a voluntary basis in Hong Kong secondary schools. Please refer to the chart below for details:
School Year Experimental Implementation Phase Full Implementation Phase Sept 2008 – Aug 2009 Secondary 1, 2, & 3 Sept 2007 – Aug 2008 Secondary 3 Secondary 1 & 2 Sept 2006 – Aug 2007 Secondary 2 Secondary 1 Jan 2006 – Aug 2006 Secondary 1
- There are two tiers of programs in this project, and they have gone through testing and revision during the Experimental Implementation Phase. Details are as follows:
1. Tier 1 Program
The Tier 1 Program is a universal positive youth development program designed by the research team for students from Secondary 1 to Secondary 3. There are 20 hours of training in the school year at each level, including 10 hours for core units and another 10 hours for elective units.
Tier 1 Program – Classroom Activity Highlights
2. Tier 2 Program
The Tier 2 Program is for students with greater psychosocial needs identified in the Tier 1 Program or via other sources. The programs were developed by non-governmental organisations according to the needs of students in individual schools.